There are 2 ways to check your current PHP configuration and the version used. By default, our shared hosting services utilize PHP 7.2 by default, 7.2 and 7.3 both available. PHP 7.4 Will becoming the first quarter of 2020.
The first way to check your PHP Version and configuration is via the cPanel dashboard under Software > MultiPHP Manager and the MultiPHP INI Editor.
You can also view the configuration by making a PHPInfo file.
To run the function, follow the steps below:
1. Log into your cPanel account, go to the Files section > File Manager:
For cPanel Basic Theme:
2. Navigate to the public_html directory, click on +File and create a phpinfo.php file:
3. Find the newly created file in the list and click on Edit in the upper corner menu or right-click on the file > Edit:
4. Add the lines of the code provided below to the file and click on Save Changes:
5. To see the detailed information about the PHP configuration of your account, open http://yourdomain.tld/phpinfo.php link in your browser, replacing yourdomain.tld with your main domain name.
NOTE: For security reasons, do not forget to delete the file once you check all the necessary information.