Hello everyone, Jacob here with The Core Hosting. The team has been working hard over the last few months redesigning our website, working out a new lower-cost pricing structure, and expanding the features of our current services as well as creating new ones! Also, as a follow-up to our email last month, We wanted to go over the new cPanel pricing structure as it is a big change.
New Shared hosting features
Shared hosting is one of our largest services we provide, and we are always looking for ways to improve the performance of our servers, which of course improves your sites. Over the last few months, our team has researched, tested, and now finally rolled out several new features to this platform.
- Redis Server - For all of our Deluxe and Premium Shared hosting packages, you now have the ability to create, manage, and control your own redis instance. With Redis, you can vastly improve the performance of your websites by allowing you to utilize it as a caching system, rather than file-based or Memcache based.
- PHP 7.3 - We've added support for PHP 7.3 so you can now use this newer version which is 10% faster than 7.2, 30% faster than 7.0-7.1, and 3x faster than 5.6.
- Discontinuation of PHP 5.6 and 7.0 - Unfortunately, due to both of these versions now falling into their EOL (End of Life), which means they are no longer provided any type of updates. We will be removing these versions from our shared hosting platform. If you need help migrating to a newer version of PHP, please feel free to contact our support team.
- Cloudflare Railgun - We are proud to announce that we have rolled out our Cloudflare railgun to all shared hosting packages. From your Cpanel account, you can now add your site to Cloudflare, and utilize not only its super-fast CDN, but our included railgun network, built on the Cloudflare platform. (Best part, it's free)
- JetBackups System - We've upgraded our backup system to now include the Feature package JetBackup system. You can now have more control over your backups, restorations, and more.
Lower Dedicated Server prices!
Over the years, we have become great partners with our infrastructure provider, and as such, we are now able to provide our Semi-Managed dedicated servers at an even lower price than before. On some server packages, the price has been lowered by almost half, while still maintaining the fully packed hardware and unlimited bandwidth at high speeds.
If you are looking to make the switch from your VPS service or shared hosting, to a Dedicated Server, contact our sales team today. We can help you make the best decision for what your site or application needs, and what will help you grow.
cPanel price changes
As most of us heard back in June, cPanel was acquired by Oakley Capital, and as such, price changes were going to be in the works. Expanding a bit more on our email last month in august, cpanel price changes went into effect September 1st of this year. These changes go from the standard VPS or Bare metal license to a new "Per-account" system. Depending on the number of individual cPanel accounts you have within your system, it will determine the pricing of your license. Below is a simple chart of the # of accounts Vs the price.
For VPS's (Cloud)
|cPanel Solo Cloud||1 Account||$15.00/Month|
|cPanel Admin Cloud||Up to 5 Accounts||$20.00/Month|
|cPanel Pro Cloud||Up to 30 Accounts||$30.00/Month|
|cPanel Premier Cloud||Up to 100 Accounts||$45.00/Month|
|cPanel Premier Cloud Bulk accounts||Each account above 100||$45+$0.20(Per account over 100)/Month|
BareMetal Servers (Dedicated Servers)
|cPanel Premier Metal||Up to 100 Accounts||$45.00/Month|
|cPanel Premier Meal Bulk accounts||Each account above 100||$45+$0.20(Per account over 100)/Month|
If you have any questions regarding the new cpanel pricing structure, or what your new price will be, or even how to lower your cpanel license price. Please contact our support team with all the questions, we will be happy to assist you.